Among the conclusions from the annual report by veteran internet analyst Mary Meeker:
- Worldwide growth of internet users has slowed to 6 percent (3.8 billion people) as most of the world is already online
- Americans spend 6.3 hours a day online, up 7 percent, with most growth coming from mobile and other connected devices
- The internet will become more of a “cesspool” as getting rid of problematic content becomes more difficult
- Privacy is a growing concern and a bigger selling point.
- Telemedicine and on-demand health consultations will grow as health care become more digitized.
See her presentation here (via ReCode)